Table of Contents Hide
Do you love traveling and taking pictures? If your answer is yes, then you’ve probably posted a few good shots on some social media platforms. And if you’re on Instagram, you may have noticed that travel-related posts and photos are some of the most popular on the platform.
Ways to Become a Master on Instagram Travel Photography
So, how can your travel photography stand out among all of the other inspiring images on Instagram? Here are some tips from expert photographers to help you make the most of your account, and create stunning visuals that will inspire others to explore the world. You can also take help from an amazing free Instagram post maker and easily make, save, and share your designs within minutes.
Start With the Basics
First of all, you need to know how to grow your photography Instagram profile the right way, so you can get more followers. Keep in mind that if your profile isn’t set up correctly, people won’t see your content. Focus on the basics if you want to create engaging content.
Make sure to choose a catchy username that represents you and your hobby, and fill out your bio completely. Use relevant keywords and hashtags on posts and Stories to get discovered by new audiences, and consider linking to your website or blog, if you have any. Use online advertising to grow your business.
Use Everything That You’re Given
Instagram offers a range of features that can be used to improve your online presence. If you want your posts to reach more people, here are several ideas:
- Instagram Stories. They are a great way to share quick updates or behind-the-scenes content with your followers.
- Instagram Highlights. This way you can showcase your best content and keep it accessible to your followers, so they can revisit the places and moments of your journey.
- Instagram ads. Ads are a great way to reach a wider audience and gain new followers.
- Instagram Live. This feature helps you connect with your followers in real-time and you can use it to answer questions, give sneak peeks, or just share what’s going on in your world.
- Instagram Reels. This feature helps you share short-form video content with your followers and you can use them to make entertaining videos of your latest trip.
Know the Right Time for Posting
There is no such thing as the right time to post online, as different accounts have different followers and target groups in general. But, according to research, the ultimate time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday at 11 AM.
Instagram Insights can be of great help as well. It is a feature that offers valuable information about your followers and how they interact with your content. Use this data to better understand what type of content your followers are interested in. You will also find out when it’s your personal best time for posting.
Know Your Style and Stick To It
If you’re looking to get the most out of your posts, it’s important to understand the different styles and how they can impact your overall strategy. In general, three main styles are popular at the moment:
- The grid style. This involves posting a series of photos in a grid-like formation, with each photo following a similar theme or style. This can be a great way to create a cohesive feed that looks put together and attractive to your followers.
- The carousel style. This involves posting multiple photos in a single post, which can be swiped through by your followers. This is a great way to showcase multiple images in one post, so you can tell a story with your photos.
- The single image style. Posting only one photo can be a great way to focus on a single detail of your journey and make your post more impactful.
Hashtags Are Your Ally
Hashtags are like keywords, they help people discover content that is relevant to their interests. You can add them under every post, but you need to pay close attention to a couple of things that are related.
Keep in mind that you need to use Instagram hashtags correctly, to get your posts seen by more people. Learn about banned hashtags on Instagram, and make sure you avoid using them. In addition, too many hashtags may be considered spammy behavior, which can also get you banned. If you’re having trouble finding the right hashtags for your profile, you can use a hashtag generator to get a bunch of free suggestions you can later use under your posts.
Trends on Instagram come and go, so you should stay true to your style and keep posting pictures of your journeys. This way your followers can enjoy the same scenery as you do, simply through your camera lens. As long as your posts are unique and high-quality, your followers will eagerly wait for you to share yet another trip with them.